Well, the update today is without pictures as there are not really any good new shots from the last post. Following is the list of items that have been accomplished since the last post:
- The crown molding has been put up in the Master Bedroom.
- Looks like the crown molding has been cut to length for the remainder the remaining rooms. They measure each piece, cut it and then lay it out it on the floor where the ceiling is that it will be mailed to. All of the rooms have crown molding lying on the floor to be installed tomorrow.
- Shelves in all the rooms (bedrooms, pantry, laundry room, mud room) have been installed except the Master Bedroom. The master closet will have a five shelf component along one wall. This shelf is installed and expect the other shelves to be installed tomorrow.
- The fireplace has been bricked in – the trim is not installed.
- The front gable will be board and batten. Looks like the appropriate materials are there and that should be put up in the next few days.
- The yard was cleaned out and the dumpster is now on the other side of the street.
While I was there, late this afternoon, two of the painters came by, I guess to see what will need to be done. He expects to do the primer coat throughout in the next couple of days. After this dries then the first of two coats of finish paint will put up. Seems like they do one of the finish coats then other people come in and do the cabinets, floors, appliances, etc. After this is done the painters come back and put on the second of the two finish coats, mainly coming through and touching up scuffs, etc. from the installs as mentioned before. The ceilings get only the primer coat and one finish coat. That is a VERY short summary of what happens next inside the house.
Outside the following will need to be done:
- Steps up to the front door need to be done.
- Driveway installed.
- Sidewalk laid.
- Dirt brought in and the lawn sodded.
- Landscaping done.
So still ‘several’ more things to be done but no more inspections except the final inspection so no delays as we have had. Probably have some more pictures in the next couple of days.